Personas are an important and incredibly useful interaction design tool. (And I love making them.) While preparing my new Interaction Design class, I was looking for a persona template for my students to use. I couldn’t find many free templates that don’t require you to sign up for something. So I made one. I’m posting the template here for anyone to download and use for free. It’s available as AI, SVG, and PDF.
You’ll need a vector graphics editor to modify these. If you are looking for a free one, try Inkscape. It’s available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Adobe Illustrator persona template [.ai, 249kB]
- SVG persona template [.svg, 21kB]
- PDF persona template [.pdf, 247kB]
- all persona template files [.zip, 389kB]
- font used: Raleway (available free from Google Fonts and other places)
I am licensing these template designs under a CC0 1.0 Public Domain Dedication, which means you can use and modify these templates for any purpose without asking permission or giving me attribution. The Raleway typeface has its own license.
Here are three personas I created for a VR game I am working on.