I grew up in the glacier-smooshed plains of northern Missouri at the confluence of the Mississippi and Des Moines Rivers.
My work is often spontaneous, improvisatory, ephemeral, and specific to time, location, and context.
Other times it is simply the execution of a set of instructions, plotted according to the laws of chance or other cosmic forces.
But really that's all for you to decide.
I am an artist-researcher, performing experiments in recontextualization.
selected exhibitions & performances
- dOCUMENTA (13)/AND AND AND - 2012
- 8th Berlin International Directors Lounge - Berlin, 2012
- a.pe.ri.od.ic John Cage Festival - Chicago, 2012
- ReVIEWING Black Mountain College 3 International Conference - Asheville, NC, 2011
- Future Places: digital media and local cultures International Conference - Porto, Portugal, 2010 & 2011
- Floating Laboratories - St. Louis, MO, 2010
- Process, Performance, Projection (PPP) #8 - Carbondale, IL, 2010
- Outside the Box Music Festival - Carbondale, IL, 2010, 2011, & 2012
- Southern Illinois Improvisation Series - Carbondale, IL, 2009-2012
- Asolo Art Film Festival - Asolo, Italy, 2007
- Everglades International Film Festival - Dargle, South Africa, 2007
- Kansas City Fringe Festival - Kansas City, MO, 2007