VR Art Museum
I created the VR Art Museum to showcase different ways that artists and curators are using virtual reality. The museum itself is an interactive virtual gallery that can be viewed on Android devices with a VR headset such as Google Cardboard.
After researching the current state of VR in art, I identified five primary categories and selected work to represent each.
- The Invisible Brush—extending traditional art media
- The Infinite Wall—creating virtual exhibition spaces
- The Imagined Body—experiencing the physicality of a different body
- The Impossible Place—immsersing the viewer in physically impossible worlds
- The Integrated World—combining the physical and virtual
The VR Art Museum was created in Unity and Blender.